So there is still a need to instruct men on how to properly wear their tuxedo? It is such a simple question. Most people that are interested to wear tuxedo have been watching mainstream movies as their sort of inspiration. But if they are to properly pull it off and dress it the right way, there are a number of factors that they need to consider. Decisions must be made if they were to follow the proper rules of wearing mens tuxedo shoes with bow.
Not all men are fond of following rules. However, you need to properly dress the tuxedo if you wish to impress the public or your partner that you are going with to the party you are invited to. For example, there are a couple of rules with black tie that must not be broken and some that can be bypassed, but this must be done so when you have a good sense of taste in doing it. Many men have been asking on how to do it right, so here’s a list of pointers to properly wear the tuxedo.
- Only wear the self-tied bow tie. Pre-tied bow ties and long neck ties are considered the highest offense to a black tie.
- Avoid rental tuxedos as much as you can, if possible.
- Dinner jacket, black tie and tuxedo are just the basic terms or different names referring to the same thing. With this said, they can be used interchangeably.
- It is a must that you match the bow tie and the fabric with that of the stripe of the pants and the lapels. But you can also add some flair to your tuxedo, such as velvet bow tie which can look great with pant stripes, grosgrain lapels or satin material.
- If you are to wear a single breasted jacket, a vest, waistcoat or cummerbund must be worn. The main concern here is that you need to conceal that white shirting material obviously shown between the waistband and the jacket button.
- Dinner or tuxedo jackets must only have one button, especially when it is in the single breasted form.
- The dinner jacket or tuxedo jacket must never have the notch lapels. They are not really considered formal to wearing a proper tuxedo. Shawl collars and peak lapels are the only options acceptable, whether it is double or single breasted.
- It is a must to wear the pocket square. Make sure cotton or white linen is the material made with it. A number of gentlemen loo so dashing with a burgundy or red one, too.
- Avoid matching your tuxedo or any associated accessories with the clothes being worn by his date. Never mind what your date is telling you. The purpose of wearing the tuxedo is never to compliment or match the dress. It is meant for you to look stunning in your own right. Changing your attire in order to suit whatever she wears will only detract the integrity of wearing your tuxedo.
So, have you gotten a hold of how to properly wear the tuxedo? You’ll even be surprised that there are more rules to follow, but you can find them all online.